A stitch is formally defined as a loop of yarn or thread. This textile art is practised for several years now, mostly by the older generations. It is one skill that has evolved greatly and also modernised to some extent. The t-shirts, shirts and pants we wear, the cloth with which we cover the tables, the bed sheets with which we cover ourselves when we feel cold, are all end products of stitching and sewing. Nowadays, sewing machines are available which have made stitching related tasks easier but initially everything used to be performed by hand.
Nowadays, clothes have become quite an important commodity and a popular doubt is raised every now and then- is stitch cheap?
The cost borne in stitching an item is very less. However, the efforts put in is quite a lot and deserves to be rewarded. Also, if it is stitched by hand, mass production in one go is also difficult.
Hand stitched and machine made clothes are available offline in markets and online on shopping websites as well.
Features of offline shopping:
- While shopping in some particular shop, the buyer can actually touch the article being bought and feel the cloth.
- If the costumer is not happy with the article bought, he or she can easily go back to the shop from where the article was bought and get it exchanged if the policies of the showroom allow it.
- The costumer can try the clothes on himself or herself before purchasing.
Features off online shopping:
- The costumer or buyer can open several shopping websites at the same and compare the prices.
- The user does not waste much energy as the clothes are delivered directly at the specified address after purchasing.
- It is not very time consuming.
- Many a times, the best deals and sales are available online.
Many parents today are encouraging their children to learn stitching as it proves beneficial. If the button comes off and an urgent fix is required, the child must know how to stitch it back and make the shirt functional again.
The question that is stitch cheap or not still remains and the public must decide. However, while making this decision, the hard work, patience and skills spent on the article must be considered.